Thursday, December 2, 2010

Enlightenment...

CHRISTMAS is nearly here!
I can hardly believe it's nearing the end of yet another year!
And what a year it has been-so many things have changed...and most of them unpredictably. Things I've taken for granted .

I suppose that all of life is just a chain of ever-changing events ...but somehow I had unconsciously thought I would arrive at a place of stability and routine existence.
That hasn't happened so far.

As a young mom ,I dreamed of the day the kids were grown and independent and I could do all the things I only had time to dream of while they were young. I
never thought about the trauma of them leaving and learning how to be independent.
Those things take lots of steps and mis steps to happen and sometimes it takes years to get fine tuned.
I also never thought about how much older,tireder and road-weary I would be after 35 years(so far) of this process.
I didn't inject all the new people and relationships that would be a part of our life as a result of all the roads we would travel.... or all the events that would change "who" we were forever.

Some of those events would shake my world nearly to destruction...at least the world I knew and understood. Some of those events are playing out right now-and in ways I would never have dreamed of.

Life has been turned upside down in every way I can think of...

What's the moral?
Things are not always as they seem- and hey sometimes things turned upside down (like life gets sometimes)actually turn out to be a good thing!

SO if your a young mom, go ahead and dream -but remember,somewhere in your mind, that it's just that- a dream.

Reality is FAR better -and much different than you can imagine!

Matthew 6:34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself.
Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.



0 comments: