Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Friends~Old & New

 

feb 2010 014

These little beauties are gifts from friends –one from an old friend and one from a new one.

I cannot express what each means to me-the friends and the gifts!!!!

I want to tell you about each of them-

feb 2010 007

These earrings are one of a kind- handcrafted by my “old” friend,Marilyn for my birthday.

The long turquoise vintage  beads are wrapped delicately in silver and copper wire and embellished with a tiny pearl bead.

I just LOVE turquoise and I can’t tell you how thrilled I was to see this wonderful one of a kind creation!

Thank you sooooooo much,Marilyn!!

  feb 2010 013

Next is another one of a kind gift!

Recently I started working part time at my favorite antique store ever-“81”.

I’ve met so many wonderful people  in the time I’ve been there and one of them is my “new” friend,Ellen.

In our visiting we’ve discovered a great many similar interests. One of those was a blog that features an American woman living in France.

Corey's Blog

We were visiting about a few items that Ellen had purchased from Corey a few weeks ago. She mentioned some of the pretties she had purchased and we were both wondering how long  before her treasures would arrive.

When She returned to the store this week she surprised me with one of her treasures-it’s  called a “ferve”- at least as much as Ellen and I could make out.

It’s a small,lovely, ceramic tile,very thin and used during the holiday ,Epiphany. It’s baked in a pastry much like the baby  in a KING CAKE during Mardi Gras.  The Eiffel Tower is just lovely and oh so FRENCH!!!!!

Thank you so much ,Ellen!!

To my special friends who have blessed me with their talents,ideas,gifts and outlooks –THANK YOU!!!!

You have made my life richer and fuller and oh so much more fun!!!!!!

3 comments:

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Hello Autumn,

Just passing by and wanted to say a big HELLO!!!!

(((hugs)))
Stephanie

marilyn said...

Thank you for your lovely comment.
It always makes a gal feel good when someone appreciates the handmade stuff.
As for the internet, William begrudgingly worked on it and yeah!! actually repaired the laptop which if you remember was hanging on by a screw.

But, he still won't take the plunge to a new server.
and it's still running too slow if you ask me.
but, it is running.
for that i am grateful.
maire

Autumn said...

At least your back online!!!!!
I have worn my earrings several times and have had sooo many compliments!!:)
Keep working girl- your putting out some really great stuff!