Sunday, February 14, 2010

Evidence of a sheltered life…..

I’m certain I have been far too sheltered….because  I have never tasted Crème’ Brule’!

My favorite candle scent for the last 3 or 4 years has been Crème Brule, but I really didn’t even know exactly what Crème Brule’ was.

As many of you already know I have been trying recipes from Ree Drummonds cookbook, PIONEER WOMAN COOKS~Today’s recipe was Creme’Brulee’ and I’m certain I will never be the same after tasting it!

cr brulee

The only warning in the recipe was to cook only until set- but not browned…a little tricky, but I managed to get it right.

final crm brulee

After chilling the dessert cups of this tasty goodness,then comes the FUN!

Of course Luke was happy to oblige with this step- browning the sugar on top forming a crisp ,brown top.

food feb 006

food feb 007

I was short a few ramekins,(small,shallow,oven-safe dishes) so I used a pie plate once all the small dishes were filled.

There is no way I can describe to you how delectable this treat is…I simply cannot think of the words- let’s see-      smooth~ velvety~rich~light~ exquisite~

It is so simple to whip up and only calls for a few ingredients-heavy cream,egg yolks(10 of em!) and a tiny bit of sugar & vanilla.

Since I can’t bear to throw out good food (remember those 10 egg whites?)I used the egg whites to whip up a quick Angel food cake!

feb 13 006 af cake

BON APETITE!

5 comments:

Bonne said...

How fun!! I've never had it , but it looks divine!

Kimberly said...

Yum. Gonna have to try it some time...minus the blow torch. :)

Reigner requested the sour cream pancakes tomorrow since it is Pancake Day.

Artful Gathering said...

Autumn, yummy... wish I lived closer... I love both your baked goodies... enjoy!

Thanks for your posts and your music. I always am inspired when I visit your blog.

monica said...

Everything looks so yummy! I would not be able to waste the egg white either! I am so happy to hear from you! I miss the old gang from the apron sew a long! :( I am going to try and keep my blog updated better!
Hugs,Monica

Autumn said...

Girls- you MUST try the Creme Brule!!! It makes a lot but oh my-it is soooo good!