Friday, November 13, 2009

Sweet treats!!!!


Our lemons are nearly ripe! YAY!!! It always seems odd to me that they rippen in Nov and Dec- not exactly lemonade time.
We're getting a few oranges as well, but those trees are a bit younger so produce very little so far.
If you have citrus trees I am told that the time to fertilize is January and February.
So far that's been good advice.

My broomcorn is harvested as well! It's drying now but in a few weeks I'll attempt the ONE broom I'm likely to get out of the whole crop!!!
The animals were not kind to me this year- thus the small crop!
I plan to save seeds and replant- this stuff is beautiful in dried arrangements as well as in brooms!!!!

3 comments:

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Autumn,

Oh my gosh, there's nothing better than the taste of a home grown lemon....really makes you wonder what that is that they sell in the grocery stores..:0)

The broomcorn is beautiful!! Can't wait to see the broom you make.

Drop by for PiNk Saturday when you have a moment...

Hugs,
Steph

Unknown said...

Those lemons look so good. Great for tea or lemon meringue pie!! My son and his girlfriend made one last Sunday.

Bee Haven Bev said...

Autumn, your lemons look luscious!!!!