Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Speaking of death.........

While visiting my sweet friend,Marilyn,yesterday, she told me about a touching and comforting message that she had recently heard. When I got home last night, I was grumpy,tired and kinda discouraged because Marilyn is getting sick again-my house is upside down- I have no energy- and generally speaking I just can't get it together!!!!!
I sat down to check my email and remembered the link to that message Marilyn had sent.
It was late-  she warned me it was moving so I decided to listen while I was alone.

All I can say is that the things I was undone about didn't change- but the way I saw them sure did.
I'm putting a link here for you to see this message too.
Rachel- the young woman speaking took my breath away right from the beginning.
Young ,beautiful, successful - wife and mother of two little ones-and battling cancer.  She informed the audience that just that day she had gotten news that she was not going to recover. Furthermore she had just a short time- very short- before she would leave her family to mourn her loss.
 Please take the time to listen(when you have 30-40 min)
http://deathisnotdying.com/eventvideo/
It was heart-wrenching but oh so encouraging!!!!!!!
What a courageous woman!

http://deathisnotdying.com/eventvideo/

6 comments:

cinnamongirl said...

So sorry to hear Marilynn is not doing well my prayers are with her.

Autumn said...

She has your address now too Carrie! I am hand delivering the other two winners pkgs. You are all in for an inspirational treat,too!!!
Tks for visiting her blog ...and mine too!!
Blessings!!!

Ruth said...

So sorry to hear about your dear friend, Autumn!!

It's been too long since I've checked in. We had a sudden and tragic death in our family four days before Christmas. It is so difficult to lose someone.

Ruth

Unknown said...

Oh Autumn, I am so sorry for you and your friend. I have a dear friend going through this as well. One year is ok and then we are back in it again full force. My prayers are with you all.

Autumn said...

Thanks everyone-

Just to be clear- the woman in the video(Rachel) passed away in June. I didn't have the pleasure of knowing her myself- but I thought her words were sooo powerful that they must be shared!
Marilyn is a little improved today- YAY!!!!! At least no hospital yet!

cinnamongirl said...

I understood and glad she is feeling better.

That Rachel was very brave and it was very powerful wow the faith she had. Of course I cried but took away so much from that video. It was beautiful!!

Thanks for passing addy on Autumn.