Friday, February 13, 2009

TO YOU....MY SISTERS

My Sister's Hands...

My sister's hands are fair and white; my sister's hands are dark.
My sister's hands are touched with age, or by the years unmarked.
And often when I pray for strength to live as He commands. The Father sends me sustenance in my sister's hands. My sister's hands are lined and worn with burdens of their own. And yet I know that should I mourn, I need not weep alone. For often as I seek His grace to lighten life's demands.
The Father sends me solace borne in my sister's hands.
My sister's hands: compassion's tools that teach my own their art
Witnesses of charity within the human heart.

Bearers of the Savior's love and mercy unto man.

I have felt the Master's touch in my sister's hands.
...Lyrics from the song "My Sister's Hands"by Sally DeFord
old-hands

0 comments: