Monday, December 29, 2008

Generational shift.....


I was just reading my oldest daughter's blog(http://pumpkinseed-unscripted.blogspot.com/) and I got to thinking about how very different my children are. The boys write on
http://jasonthebaldguy.blogspot.com/ . Each of their blogs are honest and sometimes pretty gritty- but they deal with real life- not some "imaginary profile of a perfect life".
Each of them are diverse and unique and quite wonderful!


They all write-some publicly and others more privately, but all of them express themselves well in writing. Sometimes I think I know them better by their blogs than our conversations. All of them-are so careful with what they say to me that often they only share a tiny portion of themselves in conversation.
When I read their writing I see other facets of them that are amazing to me.


As I read Bekah's blog, I realized that each of them have had some serious struggles. The thing I admire the most about the way they handle those struggles is that they don't hide behind a facade of "correctness".

They make themselves vulnerable to the critisism of others by exposing their faults and shortcomings-being transparent. That's not easy!
In doing so I truly believe they are able to short-circuit satan's attempts to keep them in bondage to the things they struggle with.( Yes- they do still struggle- and yes-they have overcome much.) There is much more to come I 'm certain- but by the grace of God they will overcome and in so doing, bring glory to God for His ability to make their very weaknesses into strengths.
2Co 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
I can't think as intellecually as they do-they get that from their dad- all of them have far surpassed my intellect and it just amazes me!
If that means that the next generation(theirs) will THINK more spiritually, then I feel like we have done our job as parents-given them a legacy of truth to pass on to their own children.
I don't think successful parenting means your children never struggle with tough issues-
Kids- if you are reading this I want YOU to know that I KNOW you aren't perfect- and I know that at any given time one of you is struggling with a tremendous issue. Don't ever confuse our concern while you are in a battle with disappointment or disapproval- you are so precious to us and we are proud of every one of you!!!!
Fight the good fight!!!! Keep getting up when ya get knocked down!!!
Pr 24:16 For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief

1 comments:

Bubba said...

ditto mom. Those kids make me proud, just don't let on too much about it...you know... You don't want them to get the big head or nothing.