Monday, December 29, 2008

Generational shift.....


I was just reading my oldest daughter's blog(http://pumpkinseed-unscripted.blogspot.com/) and I got to thinking about how very different my children are. The boys write on
http://jasonthebaldguy.blogspot.com/ . Each of their blogs are honest and sometimes pretty gritty- but they deal with real life- not some "imaginary profile of a perfect life".
Each of them are diverse and unique and quite wonderful!


They all write-some publicly and others more privately, but all of them express themselves well in writing. Sometimes I think I know them better by their blogs than our conversations. All of them-are so careful with what they say to me that often they only share a tiny portion of themselves in conversation.
When I read their writing I see other facets of them that are amazing to me.


As I read Bekah's blog, I realized that each of them have had some serious struggles. The thing I admire the most about the way they handle those struggles is that they don't hide behind a facade of "correctness".

They make themselves vulnerable to the critisism of others by exposing their faults and shortcomings-being transparent. That's not easy!
In doing so I truly believe they are able to short-circuit satan's attempts to keep them in bondage to the things they struggle with.( Yes- they do still struggle- and yes-they have overcome much.) There is much more to come I 'm certain- but by the grace of God they will overcome and in so doing, bring glory to God for His ability to make their very weaknesses into strengths.
2Co 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
I can't think as intellecually as they do-they get that from their dad- all of them have far surpassed my intellect and it just amazes me!
If that means that the next generation(theirs) will THINK more spiritually, then I feel like we have done our job as parents-given them a legacy of truth to pass on to their own children.
I don't think successful parenting means your children never struggle with tough issues-
Kids- if you are reading this I want YOU to know that I KNOW you aren't perfect- and I know that at any given time one of you is struggling with a tremendous issue. Don't ever confuse our concern while you are in a battle with disappointment or disapproval- you are so precious to us and we are proud of every one of you!!!!
Fight the good fight!!!! Keep getting up when ya get knocked down!!!
Pr 24:16 For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief

2 comments:

Bubba said...

ditto mom. Those kids make me proud, just don't let on too much about it...you know... You don't want them to get the big head or nothing.

Jason The Bald Guy said...

:)