Friday, August 22, 2008

Memories..............



CHOUPIQUE BAYOU-

This is My Louisiana- the boats,water,canals and marshes.

These are not just scenic places- these are the spots we lived as kids. It seems almost unbelievable that they are much the same as they were 35 years ago!


The boats are parked in front of the fish house- the shrimp boats come in to sell their catch here. No big markets just smelly tin buildings with beautiful gulf shrimp!
Next is the bridge over Choupique bayou- any guesses how to pronounce that?
And that's the same bayou on picture #3- we used to swim here all summer long! Yep- alligators and all. Ya just don't think about the dangers when it's always there-and you 15~~
The bridge is concrete now but I will never forget the wooden bridge- we jumped right off it into the murky water.
And that last picture is my favorite- looks just like it did when I was a teenager. It's MY marsh- full of birds and all kinds of creepy crawlies. It has the prettiest yellow flowers along the road beside it.
Just a peek into MY Louisiana- I am so glad I live here- it is home!!

0 comments: