Saturday, August 30, 2008

Here we go again....



Has it really been 3 years since Rita turned us over and shook us out?????

I guess I just quit thinking about how long we've been reshaping all the destruction and damage.

So many lives were disrupted -never to be the same- yet God has been so faithful to our family! I can only pray that I would have that same testimony if our home had been taken as well.

I guess the worst thing about the whole storm thing is the massive amount of work that is involved in repairing. It makes me tired to think about it! I know - I'm showing my age now!
I was unaware until yesterday afternoon, that folks were already leaving town!
Gasoline was scarce and lines were long everywhere! Even the local stores were boarded up and ready to go!
I don't think the storm is due to hit until Wednesday- and looks like we'll be right here, if it does.
Communication workers are right up there with the first responders - everyone needs a phone- so we will be here taking care of my sweet husband if those long hours are required.

0 comments: