Monday, June 2, 2008

Heirloom waffles?

My family just LOVES waffles. This weekend I made them using my newest kitchen heirloom - my grandmother's mixer!



I rescued it from the garage several weeks ago and didn't do more than just wipe the dust off of it! It has to have been out there for 15 + years! It would have been a pile of rust in Louisiana- but in North Texas- pristine!
By the way- that's her set of measuring spoons also!

Now on to the wonderful waffles!!







~WAFFLES~

3 eggs 1 tsp soda


1 1/2 cups buttermilk 1/2 tsp salt


1 3/4 cup flour 1/2 cup melted shortening


2 tsp baking powder
Mix all ingredients until smooth.
Pour desired amount into your waffle iron and enjoy!!!!






2 comments:

Bekah said...

yuuuum! You really do have the BEST waffle recipe!

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Love that mixer and what time did you say waffles will be ready? :o)