Thursday, May 1, 2008

Old friends..



There's nothing like visiting with friends from childhood. These gals live in Texas and we were friends for every summer of my childhood. Irma and D'Lynn and I had a wonderful time catching up. All our lives have taken such different directions in some ways and in others so much the same.

Irma is a ...hmmmm I think a professor at A&M University and D'Lynn is ummm. forgot that too- but she's a career woman. I guess I forgot because all we talked about was old times and quilting.Both of them are avid quilters and  you know I am. Both are involved in the Preservation Society, (D'Lynn is president) so we share a love for "OLD" stuff too. :)

While I was in town Irma asked me to stop in for a visit to see a quilt her aunt had made- it was a history quilt with lots of buildings from this tiny town. It was stunning! I was so blessed to have shared company with these women.

Isn't it funny that you can visit with someone you haven't seen in 35 years???? Really- I haven't seen either of them since I was 16!

0 comments: