Thursday, September 24, 2009

Looking ahead.........looking back.....

These beautiful Egyptian girls are my grandgirls in Texas.
As part of their schooling their momma went all out
in making the lessons come alive....

And so did their dad!!!!!!!



He looks a little like a Pharoah to me....you know, bald head, raised eyebrows....  :)
Lacey even recruited a good friend, Dawn to help out.


I remember doing things like that when the kids were small. It was so much more productive than reading about it in a book. I mean history was real people  and sometimes words are just.... words...they lack ...UMPH!

Looking back......
I wonder what I would do differently if given the chance...  and then I remember that looking back is only briefly profitable...to learn from the past.
If  ya spend too long looking back, old wounds seem to burst from the dirt....long forgotten offences raise their ugly heads, and old bitter feelings spring to life. And all from the droplet of water called memory.

I'm no theologian, but I'm thinking that God being sovereign over our life should ease the distress of ...wondering......still we are human...and so we linger and wonder...about a lot of things.

Should I have pushed harder for the kids to attend college....should I have made them wait to get a job.... made them drive earlier.........dressed them differently....allowed different friends.......
I dunno....I just wonder.

Maybe that's what this stage of life is all about...assessing choices and drawing conclusions....
I know this time in my life is FULL of adjustments, emotion, exhaustion, excitement and confusion!!!!

The inside of me is just the same as years ago...but the outside?  I'm not sure I know the person I see in the mirror- but I keep introducing myself to her...and she seems nice enough.
But then I wonder about that too..... lots of ladies my age are having things done cosmetically so that they look like they feel...... I guess.
Somehow that doesn't fit me either...
So where do I fit?
I guess I fit right where I am and how I am.........and I'm hoping in time I'll be past all the questions,evaluations and decisions and I can just settle down on my porch with a cup of coffee and ........
well...... JUST BE!

                                                                 (Art by Marilyn)

3 comments:

Bubba said...

how bout can I sit witcha?

KKJD1 said...

Oh yes Im only 38 and I wonder some of the same things. My oldest is 18 so I wonder if I had done something different would he have taken a different road. But I have just learned to leave it to the Lord! I cant change them only he can. So when my time comes to sit and look at grankids I sure hope Ill be just as happy as you! Blessings,Karen

Bonne said...

He IS the Pharoah.....of the household anyway! Love your Egyptian family :)