Monday, June 23, 2008

Rolling on the river.....

A few years ago our family stayed in a wonderful bed & breakfast estate in Mena,Arkansas. It was a large comfy home complete with every detail - right down to journals (some real some contrived) and homey dishes and linens.

There were sitting rooms , decks, gardens, and woodland paths along the brook at the rear of the house.



The first place we explored was,of course, the bubbling brook. It was so wonderful- for the first 30 minutes anyway.

Once feeling sure we had explored it sufficiently we all scattered to our own quiet spots-

There was only one problem- that water seemed to grow louder and louder. I moved farther and farther away but I could not escape the constant running water!!!!

After a while it made me crazy!!!!(I know-I didn't have far to go!!)It just wouldn't stop!!!!!

I look at pictures of a peaceful running brook quite differently now- but I think about that brook when life gets crazy.

The last few weeks have  been a lot like that brook- things are running so fast and I have no power to affect change in any of the situations- I just have to keep on "rolling on the river" and lean on the Lord for endurance and  direction.

Jas 4:13 Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain: Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. For   ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.

0 comments: